1.3K views

We got "prequalified" in June for a home purchase.We submitted paperwork 2,3, and 4 times such as bank statements, etc.

We had a closing date set tentatively but if they were unable to make the deadline, the following week for sure. The next closing date came and went. Then the day after the SECOND missed closing date they wanted to DENY THE LOAN!!! We already had paid for appraisals, inspections, even had the utilities turned on in a house we could not access.

They don't return calls timely if ever.

They are the most incompetent people I have ever had the displeasure of working with. I would never recommend them to anyone. They think nothing of the anxiety and stress, not to mention the financial costs they inflict on people due to their lack of knowledge and capabilities.

If the government were smart they would cease to allow them to do business in handling their FHA loans as they do not know what they're doing.

I am making sure I tell everyone not to use them.Still thinking about getting an attorney for some of the things they pulled.

Had an Experience with Cornerstone Mortgage?

Comments

Houston, Texas, United States #756186

I'm going through the same things now with this place!!

I just recently had a client close a loan with Cornerstone.It was the WORST experience with a lender I have had.

The lender released the appraisal to the other Realtor and the seller WITHOUT permission. The whole deal almost blew up because of the lenders careless act.

She was friends with the opposing Realtor so she decided to give her a copy of the appraisal without regard to her true client.They are completely unethical - "shady" is the word my client used, and don't seem to care that they have these unethical practices...don't use their services!